What the critics are saying about Orgasm Inc.
"CRITICS' PICK! By taking a playful approach to a deeply serious subject, [Canner] explores the link between female sexuality and corporate profits with a style that's as entertaining as it is revelatory."
-The New York Times
"A Must-See! Liz Canner's informative, amusing, expertly crafted and well-laureled docu "Orgasm Inc." seizes the perfect platform from which to launch a common-sense attack on Big Pharma's shameless corporatization of health. "
"Liz Canner ended up making a shocking but hilarious film, Orgasm Inc, which is causing a storm in America as it sets out to expose the drug companies and doctors who are now locked in a race to produce a 'female Viagra' - a treatment that promises women a super-charged sex life in a pill."
-London Daily Mail
"Both poignant and hilarious, Orgasm Inc. will leave you hot and bothered."
""A deft exposé...sharp, funny and healthily enraging""
-Los Angeles Times
"[Orgasm Inc.] is a desperately needed antidote to all the hype generated by pharmaceutical companies pursuing their holy grail: a female Viagra."
"A sexy feature-length indictment of big pharma that gives a lot of great laughs."
-The Toronto Star
"An extraordinary, revelatory documentary about female desire and the pharmaceutical industry"
"Director and producer Canner took a serious, but sometimes comical look at the medicalization of women's sexuality."
"a jewel of a documentary "
-The Observer, UK
"Liz Canner's startling documentary looks at how "female sexual dysfunction," with little evidence, was marketed as an epidemic. A-"
"Orgasm Inc. is one of the best documentaries on both sex and the medical field ever, witty, clever, informative and timely."
-Lisa Derrick, Firedoglake.com
"Orgasm Inc. is a terrific new documentary that delves into designer vaginas and other true life tales of the commodification of women’s pleasure centers. "
-JoAnn Wypijewski, The Nation Magazine
"TV Tonight: Five Worth Watching "
-The Toronto Star
"Orgasm Inc. hits female erogenous zones that pharmaceutical fixes can't find: your brain and your funny bone.
-Terry Allen, In These Times
"Maintaining a playful tone, Canner's film nevertheless serves as an indictment of greed at the expense of women who have too long been kept in the dark about their own bodies and sexuality."
"Orgasm Inc., a biting new documentary, gives a behind-the-scenes look at the race to develop drugs, devices, and surgery to treat female sexual problems."
"Named one of 2009's Noteworthy Documentaries"
-Dox Magazine, European Documentary Network
"Named one of "Spring 2009’s Don’t Miss Documentaries"
"Required viewing for anyone with genitals, of either denomination."
-City News, Toronto
"Orgasm Inc., a film on female sexual dysfunction (FSD) by veteran documentarian Liz Canner, is heartbreaking in a way that no Hollywood romance could ever be."
-New York Magazine
""**** Four Stars"
"Sharply constructed...very funny"
-National Public Radio
"3.5 Stars out of 4 - An exemplary, absorbing, muckraking documentary."
- 12 Mind Blowing Documentaries to Watch on Netflix - Huffington Post, May 2014
- The New York TImes review of Orgasm Inc. - CRITICS' PICK!, April 2011
- Dylan Ratigan interviews Liz Canner on MSNBC, March 2011
- The Boston Phoenix review of Orgasm Inc., March 2011
- Variety Review of Orgasm Inc., February 2011
- Leonard Lopate interviews Director Liz Canner on WNYC, NPR NYC , February 2011
- Wired Magazine review of Orgasm Inc., February 2011
- NPR CT interview with Director Liz Canner and Dr. Leonore Tiefer, February 2011
- Time Magazine review of Orgasm Inc., February 2011
- Salon.com - Andrew O'Hehir's review of Orgasm Inc., February 2011
- About.com review of Orgasm Inc., February 2011
- Huffington Post Review of Orgasm Inc., February 2011
- Wonderlance interview with Director Liz Canner, February 2011
- Glamour endorses Orgasm Inc., January 2011
- Feministing review of Orgasm Inc., January 2011
- Bust Magazine review of Orgasm Inc., January 2011
- Fox News on Orgasm Inc., January 2011
- Jezebel review of Orgasm Inc., January 2011
- New York Press review of Orgasm Inc., January 2011
- Media Rights Review of Orgasm Inc., January 2011
- "First Run Has Orgasm" - IndieWIRE, November 2010
- "First Run Acquires Orgasm Inc." - The Hollywood Reporter, November 2010
- The Takeaway, national public radio show, interviews Director Liz Canner , July 2010
- Paper Spaceship - NY Culture Magazine , July 2010
- BBC World Service Newshour interview with Director Liz Canner, June 2010
- PBS Need To Know interview with Director Liz Canner, June 2010
- NY1 TV News interviews Director Liz Canner, June 2010
- Southern California Public Radio interview with Director Liz Canner, June 2010
- Newsweek on Orgasm Inc., May 2010
- The Observer, UK on Orgasm Inc., May 2010
- Vogue interview with Director Liz Canner, May 2010
- ABC News on Orgasm Inc., May 2010
- The London Times on Orgasm Inc., May 2010
- BNET article on battle in the media between Flibanserin's PR machine and Orgasm Inc. , May 2010
- More Magazine on Orgasm Inc., May 2010
- London Daily Mail feature on Orgasm Inc., May 2010
- ABC News, May 2010
- Daily KOS on Orgasm Inc., May 2010
- Encore Magazine on Orgasm Inc., May 2010
- KTLA News in Los Angeles segment on Orgasm Inc., May 2010
- Salon.com interview with Liz, April 2010
- The Phoenix weekly on Orgasm Inc. ( Boston and cover article in Portland and Providence), April 2010
- Jezebel, April 2010
- Lemondrop, Super Woman, April 2010
- My Most Anticipated Films at IFF Boston, April 2010
- CineSource review, April 2010
- Santa Barbara Independent, April 2010
- California Aggie Review, April 2010
- Speakeasy.com - Review from Athens Film Festival, April 2010
- Miami New Times, March 2010
- Shine on Yahoo, March 2010
- Phoenix Editor's Pick of the Week, Portland, March 2010
- Santa Fe Public Radio interview with Liz Canner, March 2010
- Cosmopolitan, South Africa, February 2010
- Vogue (article reprinted in Vogue Russia, Turkey, Brazil, etc.), January 2010
- nthWORD, January 2010
- NewEnglandFilm.Com, December 2009
- Marie Claire Magazine, Brazil, November 2009
- CA Public Radio - Discussion with Liz Canner & Dr. Clayton of Boehringer Ingelheim, November 2009
- "TV Tonight: 5 Worth Watching" The Toronto Star, November 2009
- Modern Tider, Denmark, November 2009
- Metromix, Dever, November 2009
- NH Public Radio, Interview with Liz Canner, October 2009
- Firedoglake Movie Night, October 2009
- The Nation, September 2009
- Seven Days, cover story, August 2009
- VPR Radio Interview with Liz Canner, August 2009
- Steve Munroe's Film Reviews, May 2009
- Globe and Mail, April 2009
- Toronto Star, April 2009
- Explosive Release of Orgasm Inc. At 2009 Hot Docs Film Festival, April 2009
- Liz Canner receives Visionary in Residence award at Dartmouth College, April 2009
- "10 Filmmakers to Watch in 2009", The Independent, January 2009
- Huffington Post on Orgasm Inc., January 2012
- Marie Claire, June 2011
- San Francisco Weekly article on Orgasm Inc., May 2011
- Honolulu Weekly review of Orgasm Inc., May 2011
- "Female Viagra Scam: Drug Manufacturers are Wrong to Cash In" - London Daily Mail, April 2011
- The New York Times on Vibrators and Orgasm Inc., April 2011
- KUNM, NPR New Mexico interview with Director Liz Canner, April 2011
- The Los Angeles Times review of Orgasm Inc., April 2011
- KPFK, NPR Los Angeles interview with Liz Canner on the Michael Slate Show, April 2011
- AlterNet on Orgasm Inc., April 2011
- Miami Herald, February 2011
- AV Club, February 2011
- Flick Filosopher, February 2011
- NewsBlaze, February 2011
- Film Journal International, February 2011
- Psychology Today , February 2011
- CNN, February 2011
- CNN, February 2011
- Ottawa Citizen Review of Orgasm Inc., February 2011
- The Guardian, UK review of Orgasm Inc., February 2011
- The Fredonia Leader, October 2010
- Tapei Times, October 2010
- Newburyport News, September 2010
- Boston Globe, September 2010
- Newburyport Current, September 2010
- BNET, June 2010
- LA Times, June 2010
- Wall Street Journal, June 2010
- Shine from Yahoo, June 2010
- Your Tango, June 2010
- The Daily Femme, May 2010
- Washington Post (Sunday cover article), May 2010
- New York Post (cover article), May 2010
- Health Express, UK, May 2010
- Healthcare change.org, May 2010
- RH Reality Check on Orgasm, Inc., April 2010
- Vancouver Sun, April 2010
- Sex.Really Blog, March 2010
- Orgasm Inc. - A Must See - CJAD Talk radio Canada , March 2010
- The Keene Sentinel, March 2010
- What's Hot? blog, March 2010
- Missoula Red Tape, February 2010
- Windy City Times, February 2010
- The Tyee, February 2010
- Consensual Text, February 2010
- The Real Cougar Woman, January 2010
- Inkling Magazine, January 2010
- KRCL Radio interview with Liz Canner, Salt Lake City, January 2010
- Self Portrait as Woman Who Blogs, January 2010
- Missoulian, January 2010
- The Selective Echo, January 2010
- Chicago Tribune, November 2009
- "Drug firm touts failed antidepressant as Viagra for women", Globe and Mail, November 2009
- Citizen Reporter, November 2009
- "Television", Globe and Mail, November 2009
- Feministing Community, November 2009
- CBS News Network, November 2009
- UCD Advocate, November 2009
- LA Times, November 2009
- Brain Maya, November 2009
- Marire Claire Magazine, Brazil - interview with Liz Canner, November 2009
- "Is Female Viagra a much needed remedy or just hard to swallow?", Globe and Mail, November 2009
- Signs review, November 2009
- RenegadeBus, November 2009
- The Valley Advocate, November 2009
- NPR Dallas, TX, November 2009
- The Dartmouth Free Press, November 2009
- Jezebel, October 2009
- In These Times, October 2009
- Examiner, October 2009
- Love, Joy, Vitality Blog, October 2009
- Rob Williams Media, September 2009
- Good Films, September 2009
- The Frisky, August 2009
- New Internationalist, July 2009
- Lemondrop, June 2009
- The Dartmouth, May 2009
- Toronto CityNews Interview, May 2009
- Valley News, May 2009
- Toronto CityNews Review, May 2009
- Cinematical, May 2009
- Sexy Futures, May 2009
- CityNews, Toronto, May 2009
- PopJournalism, Canada, May 2009
- Crane and Matten, May 2009
- IndieWire, May 2009
- Variety, April 2009
- The Star, April 2009
- Bitch Magazine, April 2009
- Chicago Reader, February 2009
- LA Times, on Visionary Award, January 2009
- Seven Days (Vermont), November 2008
- They Shoot Actors, Don't They?, May 2005